To start with use these orbs. They are the standard aspect orbs used on my courses.
Astrologers debate aspect orbs as a matter of course and it is one of the constant topics for discussion (along with houses systems) when astrologers get together.
Ultimately every astrologer finds the orbs that best resonate with their type of astrology, research or work.
But in the meantime…
Aspects of longitude
- Conjunction 0° – orb 8°
- Square 90° – orb 8°
- Trine 120° – orb 8°
- Opposition 180° – orb 8°
- Sextile 60° – orb 4°
- Semi-sextile 30° – orb 2°; Quincunx 150° – orb 2°
- Semi-square 45° – orb 2°; Sesquiquadrate 135° – orb 2°
- Quintile 72° – orb 2°; Bi-quintile 144° – orb 2° (not part of the courses)
Aspects of declination
- Parallel – orb 1°
- Contraparallel – orb 1°
Forecasting aspect orbs
For transits and secondary progressions use an orb of 1° applying and separating.
As you become more experienced you can tighten this orb down to 30′ coming and going.
Note for Solar Fire users
If you have Solar Fire you will need to set up these aspect details as an Aspect set and save the settings.
If you are taking an astrology course with me you can do this beforehand to prepare.
You may also like:
- Aspects applying and separating.
- Fibonacci aspects.
- The Yod.
- Uranus square Pluto.
- Mars conjunct Saturn.
- Newsletter Sign-up.
- How to book your reading with Alison.
- Next classes – Learn astrology now.
- See what people like you say about my astrology – Gracious testimonials.
* * *