How to Set-up and Run Your Prosperous Astrology Business
A Guide for Aspiring Astrologers
by Alison Price
Now available on Kindle
How to Set Up and Run Your Prosperous Astrology Business is a guide for astrologers who want to start their business and move from amateur to professional status.
A professional astrologer will accept payment for a reading whereas an amateur astrologer does not.
The difference is a little thing called money. Once you get over the fear of failure paralysis and embrace the possibility of creating a career in astrology (and we all can) you move into another phase and then pose the question “Where to now?”
This is where this book comes into play as it shows you how to organize your life, to make room for astrology and to include the creative process.
This book is for people who know how to do astrology.
There are seven main sections:
1. How to know when to go professional – read your chart to find an auspicious time.
2. Getting started – some planning and micro-business basics.
3. How to find clients – that your clients are attracted to your chart.
4. Money – pricing your services, earning and your approach to money.
5.Daily time challenges – managing the day-to-day business and clients
6. Your professional improvement – and how to be aware and improve your astrology practice.
7. Your place in the astrological community – “it takes a village” and how to support others.
There are sections on platform building which is the most important mental shift that the budding astrologer can make and dealing with clients by creating boundaries between yourself and your client.
There is information on setting fees and payment methods and tips on monitoring your own progress. Throughout the book there are several Aspiring Astrologer Activities and these are for your own personal pleasure.
Table of Contents – guide
1: How to Know When to Go Pro
Read your own chart to find an auspicious time to start your professional astrology life.
- The Path to Becoming an Astrologer
- When to Go Pro
- Planning a Two Year Window with Mars
- Your Internal Dialogue
- Chart Indicators for an Astrologer
- Your Uranus – What Type of Astrologer You Are
2: Getting Started
Get some business planning and micro-business basic ideas to help you navigate a smooth transition.
- Your Business Setup Activity Flow Chart
- You and Your Sun
- Your Name as Given
- Your Midheaven – Your Business
- How to Select Your Business Name
- Your Tag Line
- Your Domain Name
- Your Website
- Important Features to Create on Your Website
- Your Email Addresses
- Your Email Signature
- Your Design
- Your Business Card
- Your Brand
- Your Platform
- How to Build Your Platform
- Your Biography
- Your Promotional Photo
- Your Photo Library
- Your One Page Information Sheet
- Your Elevator Pitch
- Your Social Media Presence
- Your Solar Fire Compliments Text
3: How to Find Clients
Discover how your clients are attracted to your chart and how to build on that information.
- Own Your Niche
- Your Products and Services
- How Your Natal Chart Attracts Clients
- Finding clients
- Your Outer Planet Signature
- How to Take A Booking
Learn how to price your readings and services. Explore your earning and wealth potential and your approach to money through your chart.
- Your 2nd House Issues – Money and Value
- Your 8th House Issues – Karma, Debt and Tax
- How to Set Fees
- How to Handle Requests for Free Readings
- Offering Discounts
- When to Quit Your Day Job
- Your Office Space and Working Hours
- Your Assets and Liabilities
5: Daily Time Challenges
Work on time management and and how to be aware of how long preparation takes to improve your astrology practice.
- Your Productive Preparation Time
- A Day in the Life of an Astrologer
- 7 Days to a Better Chart Reading
- 10 Things to Do Before Your Client Arrives
- 5 Things to do After your Client Leaves
- 10 Classic Comments Clients Make
- How to Give an Astrological Referral
6: Your Professional Improvement
Learn how to be aware and improve your astrology practice through your own chart.
- Your Monthly Progress Checklist
- Your Annual Astrology Review
- Peer Review – Is It For You?
- Be Yourself and Be Your Sun
- A Successful Astrologer
- Your Comfort Zone
- What type of Astrologer are you?
- Your Creative Writing Time
- Do You Need Astrological Certification?
- Astrological certification bodies:
- How to Become a Certified Astrologer in Canada
7: Your Place in the Astrological Community
Building your astrology practice takes a village and how to support others in the astrological community.
- How to Create an Astrology Study Group
- Astrology Software
- Add 12 Hours and Reverse the Signs
- How to Have Fun at an Astrology Conference
- Your Relationship With Other Astrologers
- Support Local Astrology
- About the author
- Other books
- Glossary of Terms
- Short Form Codes
- Default Aspect Orbs
- Recommended Reading and Software