The day after the American Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday.
This year Black Friday falls on November 28th as the American Thanksgiving is always on the third Thursday in November.
Black Friday has been the best shopping day of the year (since 2005) and is the date when retailers go from being in the red, or running at a loss, to being in the black and finally making a profit.
Up until Black Friday stores would not have made any profit for the year.
As the last major holiday of Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday signals the start of the Christmas shopping season, which is when the most money is spent.
Stores have different strategies to attract customers and they:
- Open earlier than usual and some at midnight or 00:00am on Friday.
- Have special discounts in the first hour only.
- Advertise “Door crasher” free gifts for the first 100 shoppers through the door.
- Offer great deals on some merchandise.
- Stay open later.
- Give longer return policies usually until after Christmas.
- Bring in special items for the sale.
- Have more staff on the floor to serve you.
This year most major departmental stores in Vancouver are opening their doors earlier than the usual 10am now at 7am this is even before the crack of dawn at 7:47am.
To see how this year’s Black Friday will benefit you let’s have a look at the chart.
Tips for shoppers:
- Be on time for the opening will give you the best deals.
- Many bargains are to be had.
- Reading up on the store flyers will help you to zoom in on exactly what you want to buy.
The Black Friday chart
Saturn rises on the ascendant showing that time is important today. Be on time or line up before the shops open and don’t dawdle about. Make your initial purchase in the first hour.
The ascendant is Scorpio and suggests that people may shop till they drop or keep going until the death.
With Mercury prominent those who will do good will have done their research on prices and know exactly what they want. If you drift around the stores you may buy more than you thought as you get caught up in the frenzy.
Paying cash will be quicker as money changes hands.
This Black Friday is not for the faint-hearted as Mars rules and competition for goods is high. Expect some push and shove to snatch the best bargains. You will probably make some impulse buys but that is to be expected.
Scorpio rulers Mars and Pluto are both in the second house of shopping in our chart. It should be a good day for customers who will be happy with what they bought
Younger men will be a big presence this year.
The Sun is always in Scorpio on Black Friday and this indicates that you can enjoy the day in the scramble where your heart rates goes up in anticipation of some great shopping.
The beautiful planet Venus ends up the charge and in this placement suggests that having a break for tea and cake or a chocolate donut will sustain your for the spree. Be aware of how you look, your clothes and wear comfortable shoes.
What to buy when
- 7:00 – Buy watches, clocks, diaries, 25year whisky, calendars, men’s suits, ties, formal wear, winter coats and dress shoes in the first fifteen minutes.
- 7:10 – Buy books, CD’s, DVD’s, tech items, iPads, phones, TV’s, puzzles and games. Buy services as gift cards like manicures and pedicures. Buy classes as gifts such as cooking classes, horse riding classes, driving lessons, skating classes etc.
- 7:40 – Buy things that you want for yourself of a personal nature like clothes. Buy children’s clothes, toys and dress-up outfits. Buy gold now both jewelry and stocks.
- 8:30 – Buy women’s gifts, cosmetics, perfume, jewelry, handbags, scarves and sweet things like cake, chocolates, plum puddings, sherry, jams and biscuits. Also buy financial instruments now.
- 10:30 – The best items will have gone and the hard core shoppers will go home.
- 11:20 – By now customers and staff will be exhausted. But press on. Now buy men’s goods, men’s casual clothes, golf clubs, sports and gym equipment and leather goods like wallets and briefcases.
- In the afternoon around 12:45pm take a break as you will be feeling tired.
- 12:50 – If you still have some energy for the second shift buy liqueurs, art, art supplies, music, sheet music, musical instruments, shoes and boots. Also buy drinking glasses and crystal.
- 1:10 – Treat yourself with something for later like a bubble bath sachet, then get your gifts wrapped, buy gift cards, gift baskets, gift tags, bows and wrapping paper.
- 2:00 – If you’re still going this is the time to discover an unexpected gem in amongst what is left on the shelves. I can’t say what it will be but you will know it when you see it.
Have a great day shopping.
There is much more that astrology can offer you. I hope you find some understanding of the sign combinations from my quick guide.
Email me at [email protected] and we can talk.
Schedule your Meet-and-Greet with Alison.
Want more information about your chart?
You may also like:
- Latest Horoscopes
- Gifts for every astrological sign
- Gifts for your Astrologer
- Find Love with Astrology
- The astrology of Autumn
- The astrological elements and herbs
- He who dares wins – Jupiter in Leo
- How to book your reading with Alison.
- Next classes – Learn astrology now.
- See what people like you say about my work – Gracious testimonials.
- Listen to our fun and fascinating astrology podcasts.
* * *